Accept and install only DragonBoard® supplied by an authorized DragonBoard® dealer, in manufacturer’s original, unopened, undamaged containers with identification labels intact.
Only material purchased from an authorized DragonBoard dealer or distributor will be warranted by the manufacturer.
(Contact DRAGONBOARD USA customer service to verify authorized-dealer status). Please read completely and understand all sections titled “Precautions” and “Methods”. For further advice or to consult with a DRAGONBOARD USA representative or to inquire about DRAGONBOARD® instructional seminars, call (732) 662- 6275 or email email@example.com.
DRAGONBOARD® can be cut, trimmed or shaped using ordinary power tools.
DRAGONBOARD® panels may be fastened to supporting joists or studs using self-drilling, self-countersinking, corrosion-protected, #10 cement board screws.
(Contact DRAGONBOARD® technical services for detailed fastener recommendations)
The smooth side of DRAGONBOARD® is suitable for painting with no further preparation. Textured side is suitable for application of ceramic tile.
Use either solvent-based oil paint or water-based latex paint.
DRAGONBOARD® is not recommended for prolonged direct exposure to rain or weather.
DRAGONBOARD® panels indirectly exposed to the elements, require an application of a prime coat of acrylic-siloxane waterproofing sealant, followed by oil-based paint.
Use solvent-based tile mastic where DRAGONBOARD® is to be used as a mounting substrate for ceramic tile, as in a bath or shower enclosure.
DRAGONBOARD® recommended assemblies consist of interior wall, staircase, ceiling and floor/ceiling assemblies.
(For all other applications contact DRAGONBOARD® technical services.)
UL rated fire assemblies can be viewed on www.UL.com under Certifications, key-word DRAGONBOARD® or on the DRAGONBOARD® website, www.dragonboard.com .
*WHEN INSTALLING DRAGONBOARD® FLOORING, ALWAYS INSTALL SMOOTH SIDE UP. When floor joists are installed on greater than 16” centers, contact DRAGONBOARD® technical services for installation guidance. There are many floor design options that can be utilized with DragonBoard® to deliver varying degrees of sound and stiffness performance. Please contact DragonBoard® technical services for assistance with these design options.
• Use caution when handling wet DRAGONBOARD® panels.
• DRAGONBOARD® contains no carcinogenic material. However, a dust mask is always recommended during routing, cutting and/or sanding operations.
• Wear gloves to avoid abrasion injuries.
• Fasteners should be no closer than 2” (50mm) from corners, with the adjoining screw not less than 4”(100 mm) from the same corner.
• Do not install screws at 45° angles on corners.
• Always support board ends by joists.
• Always install any fasteners over supporting structures.
• Fasteners should be no closer than ¾” (19mm) from any edge.
• DRAGONBOARD® is not recommended for overhanging cantilevers.
• Do not install mechanical fasteners (nails, screws, staples, etc) directly to DRAGONBOARD® unless attaching to a stud, joist or mechanical anchor
• The use of “setting” compounds (such as USG Durabond 90) and mesh tape (such as FibaTape) for seams is suggested. Call DRAGONBOARD USA for finishing suggestions.
• To allow for structural movement or flexing of the walls or studs, leave a “nickel” space of approximately 1/16” between the panels. Fill this space completely with joint compound.
• Please read completely and understand all installation suggestions.
• Use fasteners designed to be corrosion-resistant and self-countersinking, suitable for cement-board (examples 1 1/4” ITWBUILDEX ‘Rock-On’; DuraSpin; Grabber; UFO, or equals)
• Use winged-tipped screws only when installing over steel studs 16 MSG or thicker
• To minimize board expansion or contraction which could result in joint cracks, before installing DragonBoard®, remove the packaging and allow the panels to acclimate to the room temperature and humidity for 48 hours.
• Replicating your finished room operating temperature and humidity conditions is ideal.
Installation must comply with all applicable local, state and federal codes.