|When the problem is Mold, Fungus, Insect, Fire or Water, DRAGONBOARD is the perfect solution.
DRAGONBOARD is a water resistant, high-impact interior and exterior construction panel. Load capacities handle both residential and commercial structures. With its mold resistant, fire resistant and high-impact properties, DRAGONBOARD should be used whenever there is a high value placed on a building’s contents and equipment or when health and safety concerns exist. Applications include single-family homes, apartment complexes, commercial high-rise buildings, theaters, museums, schools, hospitals, retail, hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, airports, subway stations, tunnels, fire separations, etc.
Composition & Materials
DRAGONBOARD is manufactured from a combination of magnesium oxide and magnesium chloride and includes fibrous reinforcement. Standard production material is very smooth on one side and sand textured on the other. Square or shiplap joints are available. DRAGONBOARD may be cut, trimmed or shaped using ordinary power or hand tools. Every DRAGONBOARD product is clearly labeled with the red dragon logo and pertinent UL design numbers to eliminate confusion in the field.
Note - Other panel sizes are available by special order, including 2' × 4', 2' × 8' and 4' × 4' (0.6 × 1.2, 0.6 × 2.4 and 1.2 × 1.2 m).
- Standard panel size - 4' × 8' (1.2 × 2.4 m)
- Thickness - 11/16" (17.5 mm)
DRAGONBOARD is light tan to cream in color.
- DRAGONBOARDcan be used with wood or light-gauge steel framing.
- DRAGONBOARD's diaphragm stiffness allows distributed loads of over 240 psf (1172 kg/m2) for L/360 when supported on 16" (406 mm) centers and 360 psf (1758 kg/m2) for L/240. Flexural strength is equivalent to concrete at approximately 3000 psi (20,670 kPa) in compression
- DRAGONBOARD can be used in heavy commercial construction with the assembly consisting of I-beam construction and Type B corrugated decking in spans up to 5' (1.5 m), thus eliminating costly and time-consuming concrete pours.
- DRAGONBOARD significantly reduces installation costs, offering savings of 20 - 85% over competing products, depending on the application.
- DRAGONBOARD is a non-nutrient to mold or fungus per ASTM G21 and does not support insect life. It provides superior moisture resistance in high-humidity areas and combats the growth of mold and mildew.
- DRAGONBOARD is completely waterproof. It will not disintegrate when immersed in water or exposed to freeze/thaw cycles for prolonged periods of time.
- Where exposed to high-moisture conditions or water, panels must be sealed or painted to preclude water absorption or staining.
- Align control joints with building structure control joints.
Technical Data (Applicable Standards)
- ASTM D5628 Standard Test Method for Impact Resistance of Flat, Rigid Plastic Specimens by Means of a Falling Dart (Tup or Falling Mass).
- ASTM D6109 Standard Test Methods for Flexural Properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastic Lumber and Related Products.
- ASTM E84 Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials.
- ASTM E119 Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials.
- ASTM E662 Standard Test Method for Specific Optical Density of Smoke Generated by Solid Materials.
- ASTM G21 Standard Practice for Determining Resistance of Synthetic Polymeric Materials to Fungi.
DRAGONBOARD New York City MEA number is 359-02-M. ICC approval is pending.
See Tables 1 - 5.
Note - Test reports and system design recommendations are available from the manufacturer upon request.
The DRAGONBOARD floor assembly is available as a UL tested 2-hour fire resistant system. Surface Burning Characteristics (ASTM E84)
- Flamespread - 0
- Smoke developed - 0
Installation (Preparatory Work)
Deliver products in manufacturer’s original, unopened, undamaged containers with identification labels intact. Store materials flat and protect from exposure to harmful environmental conditions and at temperature and humidity conditions recommended by the manufacturer. Verify that site conditions are acceptable for installation. Do not proceed with installation until unacceptable conditions are corrected.
Test reports are available upon request. ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS DRAGONBOARD is manufactured from mineral components and water and does not contain any organic solvents, asbestos, oils or toxic components, or any heavy metal salts. No energy is consumed in the manufacturing process since the entire process is conducted at room temperature. Any scrap or drop-off may be reground and reused in production of DRAGONBOARD. Dust or sawdust may be safely buried in landfills, if required. DRAGONBOARD is free of material that would cause contamination or environmental damage to the surrounding area or nearby streams or bodies of water.