EDISON, NJ – DragonBoard USA is the United States’ supplier of premium magnesium oxide (MgO) subflooring panels. Over the past two decades, DragonBoard has had millions of square feet installed across the United States and continues to stay committed to the design and construction industry with up‐to‐date testing, UL assemblies, and LEED criteria that make DragonBoard MgO a more sustainable, safer, economical, and easy‐to‐use choice.
DragonBoard passed the ASTM E136 Test and was assessed to be NonCombustible.
DragonBoard MgO panels were tested in 2018 by Intertek, an international accredited agency that tests, inspects, and certifies products to ensure such products meet quality and safety standards for markets around the world. Contrary to certain recent reports suggesting otherwise, DragonBoard MgO panels have been found to offer noncombustible construction and fire resistance attributes and the Intertek test concluded that DragonBoard premium MgO subflooring panels are noncombustible in accordance with the ASTM E136 Test and they meet the requirements of the International Building Code.
DragonBoard USA’s Commitment to Our Customers and the Building and Design Community
- DragonBoard USA will provide a letter of certification upon request.
- DragonBoard MgO Panels are listed in UL design G575 for up to 2‐hour fire rating
- DragonBoard USA offers Accredited Continuing Education in Accordance with the American Institute of Architects for Design and Construction professionals
DragonBoard is quality assured through testing as follows:
- UL two‐hour fire‐rated floor/ceiling (Design #UL G575)
- Noncombustible per ASTM E136, Standard Test Method for Assessing Combustibility of Materials Using a Vertical Tube Furnace at 750°C
- Tested in accordance with ASTM E119, Standard Test Methods for Fire Tests of Building Construction and Materials
- 0/Smoke 0/Flame per ASTM E84, Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
- Water resistant and mold/insect/fungus‐proof, and freeze/thaw tested per ASTM G21, Standard Practice for Determining Resistance of Synthetic Polymeric Materials to Fungi
- Tested for both sound transmission class (STC) and impact insulation class (IIC) in floor‐ceiling assemblies
- Free of asbestos, formaldehyde, and all volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- A lightweight structural subflooring that replaces 2‐1⁄2 inches of concrete
- A noncombustible replacement for 3⁄4‐inch plywood or oriented strand board (OSB)
- A sustainable, green, and cost‐effective alternative to cement‐based products
- A contributor to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification
About DragonBoard USA
For over two decades, DragonBoard USA has been a key provider of premium MgO panels across the United States. DragonBoard USA has supplied millions of square feet of product for numerous project types such as multi‐family residential, schools and dormitories, senior living, condos, and apartment towers, hospitality, movie theaters, mezzanines, and modular buildings. DragonBoard is a sustainable and economical subflooring panel, offering substantial cost and labor savings in the field. Unlike Plywood and OSB, DragonBoard contains no formaldehyde or adhesives and no mold or termite abatement chemicals. Unlike Portland cement boards and concrete pours, DragonBoard contains no hazardous components such as crystalline silica and hexavalent chromium. DragonBoard is naturally mold and termite resistant, can be recycled for agriculture uses, and is landfill friendly, making it the all around better and more sustainable choice. These features deliver unparalleled performance and exceptional value. For more information, visit www.DragonBoard.com or call 732‐662‐6275.